Monday, February 21, 2011

Panguitch Quilt Walk 2011

I can't believe the year has gone so fast.  The new catalog for the Quilt walk has just been posted!  I am so excited to teach a class again this year.  The class will be "Paperless" paper piecing.  It is a fun technique that gives you the precision of paper piecing without having to pull all the little pieces out of your seams.

The project we will be doing is
"Star Crossed Canoes"
I haven't been able to do blocks in different colorways yet.  I am caring for my 89 year old Dad and life is NUTS!!! 
Here's a couple I found on the web:




http://www.ciaspalette.com/patterns/05/crossedcanoes.html
you can see that she used just two fabrics in her design.
I used coordinating reds and blues and then used the lights for the background.
I also found a picture of a quilt done with about 10 different fabrics all mixed together.  It looked pretty cool.
http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/559558009mnLgHm
I like to teach classes that give you lots of options to make the quilt your own. 
We are going to have tons of fun.  Hope you all will join us!!!!

2 comments:

  1. HI, This looks like such a fun quilt to make!! I will miss Quilt Walk for the first time in four years, dang it! I usually teach a class or two. The paperless idea fascinates me! freezer paper? no seams?
    Have fun this summer. I'll be sending off a missionary around that time. By the way, thanks for your vote and spreading the word for my barn quilt!
    Deonn
    quiltscapesquilting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Love your Carpenter's Star in your profile pic!

    ReplyDelete